Definition of magnetohydrodynamics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of physics that studies the behavior of an electrically conducting fluid such as a plasma or molten metal acted on by a magnetic field.
- In addition, the sun's atmosphere poses extremely interesting problems in magnetohydrodynamics and fundamental plasma physics that have important implications for a wide range of astrophysical and geophysical problems.
- My favorite in this category is magnetohydrodynamics, which is the study of plasmas and their interplay with electromagnetic fields.
- Stewartson studied rotating fluid flows, shear layers, magnetohydrodynamics, the triple-deck theory, and flow at both high and low Reynolds numbers.
- Example sentences
- No doubt because those magnetohydrodynamic currents are complex and unpredictable, the Earth's magnetic poles shift and even flip as time goes by.
- To understand magnetohydrodynamic waves, let us first consider purely magnetic waves.
- A number of experimental methods of spacecraft propulsion are based on magnetohydrodynamic principles.
Definition of magnetohydrodynamics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan