Definition of magnetometer in English:
An instrument used for measuring magnetic forces, especially the earth’s magnetism.
- Well, what we actually do is plant what we call electrodes which are little electrical sensors and magnetometers which sense the magnetic fields.
- They also detect only the portion of a magnetic field pointing along the sensor, while the atomic magnetometers detect the total field strength, a desirable capability for many magnetic imaging and search applications.
- Researchers analysed data obtained by the Galileo space probe on January 3, when Europa's magnetic field was measured by a magnetometer.
- Example sentences
- Another measures disturbances to the earth's magnetic field (magnetometry) caused by buried features such as some construction materials, pottery, pits, ditches and walls.
- Gorman and coworkers used ultrasonography and magnetometry to measure diaphragmatic length at different lung volumes in 10 men with COPD and 10 control subjects.
- This kind of magnetometry could be very useful for nondestructive testing of materials.
Definition of magnetometer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan