- A unit of magnetic moment in atomic and nuclear physics.More example sentences
- Just as an ampere is a unit of electric current, a magneton is a unit of magnetic dipole moment.
- Given this distribution, Parson shows that a group of eight magnetons may be arranged symmetrically round the sphere so as to give a stable configuration; and even with atoms possessing a larger number of magnetrons, a similar distribution of eight is assumed.
- One of the most obvious advantages of the Parson magneton is that it affords a rational basis for the assumption made by Bohr, viz. that an electron rotating in a stable orbit does not radiate.
More definitions of magnetonDefinition of magneton in:
- The British & World English dictionary