Definition of mail drop in English:
1North American A receptacle for mail, especially one in which mail is kept until the addressee collects it.
- Fair lists its headquarters at an address on Wilshire Boulevard that turns out to be a mail drop.
- Thankfully, the box was sent not to my home or business address, but to a mail drop I maintain.
- Any time you see something like ‘7th Floor ’, chances are you're dealing with a mail drop, a call center, or a combination of both.
2British A delivery of mail, advertising leaflets, or other material.
- He carried out a mail drop giving all residents the opportunity to choose one of three plans.
- Direct-marketing companies have long hired delivery companies to carry out household mail drops, which generate £25 billion of business each year.
- As well as being proactive on individual issues, and she has helped me on two separate occasions, her regular mail drops and questionnaires have allowed people a voice in shaping local policies.
Definition of mail drop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia