Definition of mailer in English:
1North American The sender of a letter or package by mail.
- Hotmail is ‘testing’ an outside service called Bonded Sender, which a mailer has to pay in order to get certified.
- I will inform Monsieur Dubuque of your conjectures about the letter's mailer in another way.
- A small change in labeling requirements for bulk mailings announced Oct.21 requires bulk mailers to identify themselves on the outside of the envelope with a valid address.
1.1A person employed to dispatch newspapers or periodicals by mail.
- Some 180 mailers, members of Teamsters Local 763, rejected their contract November 17.
- In the October 7 issue of the Postal Bulletin, a publication for mailers and postal workers, the USPS said the number of complaints about mail "being left in apartment [house] vestibules rather than delivered into mail boxes" has increased recently.
- The mailers assist in the movement of newspapers from the printing presses to bundle-tying machines and then onto docks where they are loaded onto delivery trucks.
1.2A free advertising pamphlet, brochure, or catalog sent out by mail.
- When you send your direct mailer to your present customers, the response rate will be five to 20 times greater than when the same piece is mailed to people who have never bought from you.
- One stack was for bills, one for magazines and mailers, and one for all the fan letters.
- I am starting a business and don't want to use my home address on mailers and business cards.
1.3A container used for conveying items by mail, especially a padded envelope or protective tube.
- Some laboratories provide specimen containers, mailers and request forms.
- Customers can play a rented game for as long as they like, before returning it in a reply-paid mailer and receiving another game off their wish list.
- PSS made equipment that produced one-piece mailers, such as security envelopes.
2 Computing A program that sends email messages.
- Dissidents can also use anonymous electronic mailers or Internet anonymizers which allow users to send e-mails and browse the Internet anonymously, further limiting the censorship powers of the state.
- Mass mailers that chew up processor cycles, bandwidth and users' time do pose a threat.
- Miller explained this technology was able to differentiate between mass mailers and regular viruses, only sending notifications for the latter.
Words that rhyme with mailerAdela, bailer, bailor, baler, Benguela, bewailer, derailleur, hailer, inhaler, jailer, loudhailer, nailer, railer, retailer, sailer, sailor, scaler, Scheele, shillelagh, tailor, Taylor, trailer, Venezuela, vuvuzela, wailer, whaler
Definition of mailer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.