Definition of maillot in English:
noun (plural same)
1.1North American A woman’s tight-fitting one-piece swimsuit.
- Sculpted by the raking light, the bathers are russet and gold in the sun, vibrant in blue and red two-piece swimsuits, trunks, a maillot, absorbed in the folding of towels and blankets.
- Caitlin was surprised to find that despite being totally immersed in the pool, the white maillot she wore had not become soaking wet.
- She exhibits an understanding of the need to balance fashion and function in her sleek black maillot trimmed in white.
2A jersey or top, especially one worn in sports such as cycling.
- After the epic 120-mile escape on Saturday that gave him the stage win, the King of the Mountains jersey and the maillot jaune, reality set in on the first hairpins of this climb.
- And he is the outstanding favourite to finish in Paris wearing the maillot jaune, the yellow jersey of race leader, this year.
- Since then he has known both glory and disaster, but yesterday as the Tour entered the Alps he managed the grand slam: the sixth stage win of his career, the maillot jaune and the polka-dot King of the Mountains jersey.