nounchiefly North American
- 1The principal street of a town, traditionally the site of shops, banks, and other businesses: the money you save on a car can offset some of the higher prices on Main StreetMore example sentences
- The gate's position at one end of the main street running through the town reflects its importance.
- This is despite it being situated less than two minutes walk away from the main street in Carlow town.
- People didn't have watches then and they could see the old clock from any part of the main street of the town.
More definitions of main streetDefinition of main street in:
- The British & World English dictionary