- A sheet used for controlling the mainsail of a sailing vessel.More example sentences
- Most 28s have tiller steering that is easily put out of the way at anchor and the mainsheet attaches aft of the cockpit so as to not interfere with passengers.
- I've been passed more than once on the race course by a Laser sailor with a mainsheet clinched firmly in his teeth while I was fiddling to get something positioned just right.
- He let go the mainsheet - then reached over and released the halyard for the mainsail - which lowered the boom.
More definitions of mainsheetDefinition of mainsheet in:
- The British & World English dictionary