Definition of maintainer in English:
1A person or thing that maintains something, in particular computer software.
- Instead, the fire brigade consists primarily of the maintainers of the software.
- Linux is a gift culture, where numerous programmers and maintainers contribute code for all to have.
- Local shell access to the FTP server for GNU maintainers has been withdrawn pending completion of its certification activities.
1.1 (also maintainor) Law , historical A person guilty of aiding a party in a legal action without lawful cause.
- I therefore gave no thought to the possibility that any donors who were effectively paying Crockers Oswald Hickson's fees might conceivably be liable to the defendant as maintainers.
- Where there is a genuine and legitimate common business interest between the maintainer and the maintained in the result of litigation, some activities in support of litigation may be justifiable.
Definition of maintainer in:
- British & World English dictionary