Definition of maintainer in English:
1A person or thing that maintains something, in particular computer software.
- Instead, the fire brigade consists primarily of the maintainers of the software.
- Linux is a gift culture, where numerous programmers and maintainers contribute code for all to have.
- Local shell access to the FTP server for GNU maintainers has been withdrawn pending completion of its certification activities.
1.1 (also maintainor) Law , historical A person guilty of aiding a party in a legal action without lawful cause.
- I therefore gave no thought to the possibility that any donors who were effectively paying Crockers Oswald Hickson's fees might conceivably be liable to the defendant as maintainers.
- Where there is a genuine and legitimate common business interest between the maintainer and the maintained in the result of litigation, some activities in support of litigation may be justifiable.
Definition of maintainer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan