Definition of maker in English:
1 [usually in combination] A person or thing that makes or produces something: a cabinetmaker
More example sentences
- This means generic drug makers can legitimately produce cheaper copycat versions of the drugs.
- Sound of Music is a one man show - there are no producers or tea makers, just me and my music.
- The court, however, has chided the software maker for failing to produce much in the way of evidence at all.
2 (our, the, etc., Maker) God; the Creator.
- Our Maker wants us to succeed, to fulfill our unique spiritual purpose, and to discover and cocreate the life of our dreams.
- I'm looking ahead to the next 50 and all that this ol' life has to offer untill my maker calls me home!!
- But I do believe in the Maker, and that he probably has a plan.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan