- A Japanese dish consisting of sushi and raw vegetables wrapped in seaweed: I stopped in for a quick dinner of fresh and delicious spicy tuna makiMore example sentences
- I was impressed with the vegetarian options - the vegetable spring roll, vegetable tempura and vegetable maki sushi were excellent.
- All rolls were beautiful presented on a platter, the crunchy spicy tuna maki was the best I've had in a long time.
- Although everything seemed fairly fresh, the maki was just average.
from Japanese makizushi, from maki- (combining form of maku 'roll up') + -zushi (combining form of sushi).
More definitions of makiDefinition of maki in:
- The British & World English dictionary