1Brown cane that is widely used for walking sticks and umbrella handles.
- The cane is obtained from the stem of a Malaysian climbing palm (Calamus scipionum, family Palmae)
More example sentences
- Top hats and black malacca canes are the visual signature of a show that combines cartoon posturing and a commitment to articulating the text.
- There I found gula malacca (palm sugar), the package bearing its Malay name, something which I thought would have been impossible to find here.
- In this way blows can be made so formidable that with an ordinary malacca cane it is possible to sever a man's jugular vein through the collar of his overcoat.
mid 19th century: from the place name Malacca.
Definition of malacca in:
- The British & World English dictionary