verb[with object] • formal
- Manage or administer inefficiently, badly, or dishonestly.More example sentences
- We are led to believe that our hospitals are filthy, that waking up during surgery is commonplace, that medicines are routinely maladministered, and that experts will never agree.
- Employees may be able to complain to the pensions ombudsman that the scheme was maladministered, but this may be difficult to prove.
- These were the athletes whose puberty and growth were delayed, and one of the tools was thought to be maladministered contraceptive pills.
More definitions of maladministerDefinition of maladminister in:
- The British & World English dictionary