adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
- Of or relating to the cheek: a slight malar flushMore example sentences
- Physical examination revealed a blue-gray hyperpigmentation of the forehead, cheeks, nose, malar regions and chin.
- The hair growth is most often noted above the eyebrows, in the malar region, and on the lateral cheeks.
- A 40-year-old man presented with erythematous and lavender nodules, as well as ulcerations on the nasal and malar areas of his face.
noun(also malar bone) Back to top
- another term for zygomatic bone.More example sentences
- An anterior band is positioned over the malar bone and a posterior band is positioned adjacent to the ear.
- Prominent malar bones are considered to be a mark of beauty and contribute to a more youthful appearance.
- The other end is secured to the malar bone by rigid fixation with microplates and screws.
late 18th century: from modern Latin malaris, from Latin mala 'jaw'.
More definitions of malarDefinition of malar in:
- The British & World English dictionary