Definition of malar in English:
adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
Of or relating to the cheek: a slight malar flush
More example sentences
- Physical examination revealed a blue-gray hyperpigmentation of the forehead, cheeks, nose, malar regions and chin.
- The hair growth is most often noted above the eyebrows, in the malar region, and on the lateral cheeks.
- A 40-year-old man presented with erythematous and lavender nodules, as well as ulcerations on the nasal and malar areas of his face.
noun(also malar bone) Back to top
another term for zygomatic bone.
- An anterior band is positioned over the malar bone and a posterior band is positioned adjacent to the ear.
- Prominent malar bones are considered to be a mark of beauty and contribute to a more youthful appearance.
- The other end is secured to the malar bone by rigid fixation with microplates and screws.