Definition of maleic acid in English:
A crystalline acid made by distilling malic acid and used in making synthetic resins.
- Citric acid, maleic acid, and butanetetracarboxylic acid are the three agents used most often.
- Moreover the molecules of maleic acid are polar and are easily hydrated by the polar water molecules.
- If released into water, maleic acid will probably biodegrade based on the results of screening studies.
- Example sentences
- The researchers were not very concerned about the occurrence of fumarate, which is the trans isomer of maleate, because the levels were relatively low.
- It might be presumed that the other preparations available in the United States, methylergonovine maleate and ergonovine maleate, produce the same effects and outcomes.
- Methylergonovine maleate should be restricted to use in refractory cases and should never be used for more than six months continuously.
Pronunciation: /məˈlēˌāt, -ət/noun
Definition of maleic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan