Definition of maleic acid in English:
A crystalline acid made by distilling malic acid and used in making synthetic resins.
- Citric acid, maleic acid, and butanetetracarboxylic acid are the three agents used most often.
- Moreover the molecules of maleic acid are polar and are easily hydrated by the polar water molecules.
- If released into water, maleic acid will probably biodegrade based on the results of screening studies.
- Example sentences
- The researchers were not very concerned about the occurrence of fumarate, which is the trans isomer of maleate, because the levels were relatively low.
- It might be presumed that the other preparations available in the United States, methylergonovine maleate and ergonovine maleate, produce the same effects and outcomes.
- Methylergonovine maleate should be restricted to use in refractory cases and should never be used for more than six months continuously.
Pronunciation: /məˈlēˌāt/ /-ət/noun
Definition of maleic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.