- Dumplings or gnocchi made with spinach and ricotta.More example sentences
- Using two teaspoons, shape the malfatti into small quenelles and gently drop them directly from the spoons into the simmering water.
- Some of the pastas are very good, too, like chewy malfatti tossed with bits of sweet sausage and Parmesan, and a bowl of cream-laced casarecci garnished with peas, shreds of prosciutto, and truffles.
- Once all have cooked, pour the melted butter over the malfatti and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan.
1980s: Italian, from malfatto 'badly made' (because they resemble ravioli without their pasta envelopes).
More definitions of malfattiDefinition of malfatti in:
- The British & World English dictionary