Definition of malfunction in English:
(Of a piece of equipment or machinery) fail to function normally or satisfactorily: the unit is clearly malfunctioning
More example sentences
- She also has a history of electronic equipment malfunctioning in her presence.
- Only if the machine malfunctions should there be these manual counts.
- That progress ended when the pump malfunctioned.
nounBack to top
A failure to function in a normal or satisfactory manner.
- I've got a couple of equipment malfunctions which I'm struggling with.
- Equipment malfunctions may result from poor design, incomplete qualification, or calibration or maintenance issues.
- There were no malfunctions of any kind with any of the ball or duty loads.