noun (plural same or Malinkes)
1A member of a people living mainly in Senegal, Mali, and Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast).
- The Malinkes of Upper Guinea trace their ancestry to the founders of the great Mali Empire.
- Tea-time is an important break for the Malinke.
- The Mande peoples are comprised primarily of the Malinke, Bambara, and Juula.
Relating to the Malinke or their language.
- The group's name means ‘one skin’ in the Malinke language.
- He was learning to play traditional Malinke drum music.
- Since the nations where the Malinke are found today have many other tribal peoples, it is likely that the school teachers are of a different ethnic group and do not speak the Malinke language.
The name in Malinke.
Definition of Malinke in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.