noun (plural same)
- A megapode found in the mallee scrub of southern Australia, with pale patterned plumage.
More example sentences
- Leipoa ocellata, family Megapodiidae
- Only the malleefowl and the Australian brush-turkey can be found in habitats outside the rainforest.
- The malleefowl is unique in that it is the only megapod that makes it's home in dry, inland scrub.
- State Forests already provides financial support for the malleefowl breeding program at Western Plains Zoo and supplied the program's original breeding pairs from Goonoo.