- An enzyme, present in saliva and pancreatic juice, that catalyzes the breakdown of maltose and similar sugars to form glucose.More example sentences
- Dietary coriander and onion prominently stimulated the activities of the disaccharidases sucrase, lactase and maltase of intestinal mucosa.
- Deletion of the gene encoding maltase causes a nonfermentable phenotype but maltose induction of maltose permease is unaffected, indicating that this enzyme is not required for induction but only for utilization of maltose.
- Interestingly, single dose administration of spices other than curcumin and onion did not increase intestinal maltase unlike their dietary intake.
More definitions of maltaseDefinition of maltase in:
- The British & World English dictionary