Definition of mammalogy in English:
The branch of zoology concerned with mammals.
- He taught numerous classes in ornithology, mammalogy, population ecology, and animal behavior, and he led several generations of undergraduates on field trips throughout southern Wisconsin.
- Matthew Gompper, assistant professor of mammalogy at the University of Missouri and an ecologist specializing in carnivores, has been studying coyote population biology in the Northeast.
- Thomas Martin, head of mammalogy at the Senckenberg Research Institute in Frankfurt, Germany, agrees that Akidolestes may represent some kind of evolutionary throwback.
- Example sentences
- Based on morphology, most mammalogists of the last century agreed that rabbits, for instance, are not closely related to rodents.
- In northeastern Peru, Museum mammalogists tap local knowledge to catalog the fauna of the rainforest.
- As Milton plunges into the jungle, a young mammalogist walks out of it, tired from a night of capturing and measuring bats at different points around the island.
Definition of mammalogy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan