(also mamee, mamey)
- 1 (also mammee apple) A tropical American tree having large edible red fruit with red rind and sweet yellow flesh.
More example sentences
- Mammea americana, family Guttiferae
- Their gardens yielded arrow-root, beans, cassava, cucumbers, melons, maize, and yams; for fruit they cultivated the guava, mammee, papaw and star-apple.
- The mammee apple is native to tropical areas of the Americas.
late 16th century: from Spanish mamei, from Taino.
More definitions of mammeeDefinition of mammee in:
- The British & World English dictionary