- An affectionate or approving way of referring to the dog.More example sentences
- Everyone knows that dogs are affectionate and loyal - they're not called man's best friend for nothing!
- Humans share three-quarters of their genes with man's best friend, the first genetic blueprint of the domestic dog revealed yesterday.
- This year, they were taking a lenient attitude to those who turned up with pooch in tow - much to the annoyance of those who had read about the ban in the Craven Herald and had left man's best friend at home.
More definitions of man's best friendDefinition of man's best friend in:
- The British & World English dictionary