- 1A person responsible for controlling or administering all or part of a company or similar organization: the manager of a bar the sales managerMore example sentences
- As a result of allegations, the manager responsible for these staff requested a suspension hearing.
- Rewarding staff is also a key part of the sales manager's responsibilities.
- Does your sales manager train your staff to engage with prospective members?
- 1.1A person who controls the activities, business dealings, and other aspects of the career of an entertainer, athlete, group of musicians, etc.: she left it to her manager to deal with the canceled concertsMore example sentences
- But there came a stage when both the musician and his tour manager had to be told no more alcohol would be served to them.
- This means mailing out your scores and CDs to competitions, conductors, managers and performers.
- A number are involved with music as musicians, managers, writers, and record store workers.
- 1.2A person in charge of the activities, tactics, and training of a sports team: Frank Robinson became baseball’s first black managerMore example sentences
- The same message goes out from sports team managers, some of whom are developing very bad sideline manners of late.
- Already I detect a reduction in the number of training sessions being organised by team managers in general at present.
- It has rigorous objectives and targets and will be monitored by directors, managers or teams.
- 1.3 [with modifier] Computing A program or system that controls or organizes a peripheral device or process: a file managerMore example sentences
- The company's file system and volume manager were often the top pick of Solaris customers.
- The Palm database manager does not delete records automatically when the records are read.
- The fact that it doesn't even show up in the device manager makes me think it might be damaged or defective.
- More example sentences
- It is like being offered the managership of Manchester United!
- ‘When I took over the managership I decided to leave the team alone because I thought it was good enough,’ he said.
- Sean retired from driving around the roads of County Galway to take over managership of the Hotel in 1962 and he married Vera.