- A large West African baboon with a brightly colored red and blue face, the male having a blue rump.
More example sentences
- Mandrillus sphinx, family Cercopithecidae
- Her work with the large African monkeys known as mandrills shows that red coloration gives males an advantage when it comes to mating.
- Viarruel said calls had been made by his colleagues to the Ministry of Public Utilities and Environment to repair the boxes where the chimpanzees and mandrills slept.
- Other new arrivals to the park this winter will include mandrills and bamboo lemurs.
More definitions of mandrillDefinition of mandrill in:
- The British & World English dictionary