- Resolute or brave, especially in the face of adversity: a manful attempt to smileMore example sentences
- There are a number of places where, naturally, I would not have worded that defense as Joe has, but on the whole I am grateful for his manful attempt to read what I said charitably.
- This second time, Selby made a manful attempt with both hands to make the catch.
- Frazer has done a manful job in that position but I know he is ready for a rest and his strength is in a defensive role.
- More example sentences
- When the plane makes a second fly over and unleashes a hail of lead he refuses to move, manfulness futilely proven as weeping friends gather round his broken body.
- Every place near is filled with the sound of a loud trumpet, so the report of your manfulness is loud.
- The first requisite of life is courage or manfulness, gained through conflict with evil.