Definition of manful in English:
Resolute or brave, especially in the face of adversity: a manful attempt to smile
More example sentences
- There are a number of places where, naturally, I would not have worded that defense as Joe has, but on the whole I am grateful for his manful attempt to read what I said charitably.
- This second time, Selby made a manful attempt with both hands to make the catch.
- Frazer has done a manful job in that position but I know he is ready for a rest and his strength is in a defensive role.
- Example sentences
- When the plane makes a second fly over and unleashes a hail of lead he refuses to move, manfulness futilely proven as weeping friends gather round his broken body.
- Every place near is filled with the sound of a loud trumpet, so the report of your manfulness is loud.
- The first requisite of life is courage or manfulness, gained through conflict with evil.
Words that rhyme with manfulpanful
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan