- A small concretion consisting of manganese and iron oxides, occurring in large numbers in ocean-floor sediment.More example sentences
- Crusts of iron-manganese oxides and manganese nodules occur, particularly in red clays.
- A co-occurrence of these two species is known from only one locality, where they were collected from manganese nodules immediately above the Grimmeri Bed.
- But as Challenger approached the West Indies the crew encountered a phenomenon that dwarfed in importance even the discovery of manganese nodules.
More definitions of manganese noduleDefinition of manganese nodule in:
- The British & World English dictionary