- A small covered opening in a floor, pavement, or other surface to allow a person to enter, especially an opening in a city street leading to a sewer.More example sentences
- A blind man once fell into a sewer because the iron manhole cover was missing.
- It's rusty water, leaking from conduit lines beneath a manhole cover on Riggs Road.
- They both found a manhole cover and climbed back down into the sewer system.
More definitions of manholeDefinition of manhole in:
- The British & World English dictionary