Definition of manic depression in English:
Another term for bipolar disorder.
- This range is emphasized in people suffering from manic depression, a disorder which brings on strong depression as well as extreme happiness.
- I didn't know it at the time, but he was under a psychiatrist's care for manic depression and several other mental illnesses.
- He suffered from manic depression after shell shock in World War II and the festival has been timed to coincide with Mental Health Week.
- Example sentences
- At first, Fisher may have ignored her friends' pleas, but she eventually found a psychiatrist, and a support group for manic-depressives.
- Psychological states that are genetic, like manic-depressive disorder, are extraordinarily difficult to change.
- My father's father, I am told, was manic-depressive back in the days when those words rarely appeared together or separately.
Pronunciation: /ˈˌmanik dəˈpresiv/adjective& noun
Definition of manic depression in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.