- 1A person who is very small, especially one not otherwise abnormal or deformed.More example sentences
- There, pirouetting between my knees, is a tiny manikin.’
- 2A jointed model of the human body, used in anatomy or as an artist’s lay figure.More example sentences
- This consists of an introductory seminar including demonstration of pelvic examination on a manikin and an opportunity for students to practise this under supervision.
- In addition, actors were used by 15 schools, volunteers by 14, manikins by all 19, videos by 11, and simulators by four.
- Students were informed beforehand about the study, and technical skills were taught on manikins.
mid 16th century: from Dutch manneken (Middle Dutch mannekijn), diminutive of man 'man'.
See mannequin (usage).
More definitions of manikinDefinition of manikin in:
- The British & World English dictionary