Words that rhyme with ManilaAnguilla, Aquila, Attila, Camilla, cedilla, chiller, chinchilla, driller, Drusilla, fibrillar, filler, flotilla, fulfiller, Godzilla, gorilla, griller, guerrilla, killer, manilla, mantilla, miller, pillar, Priscilla, sapodilla, sarsaparilla, Schiller, scilla, scintilla, spiller, swiller, thriller, tiller, vanilla, vexilla, villa, Willa, willer, zorilla
1 (also Manila hemp) The strong fiber of a Philippine plant, used for rope, matting, paper, etc. [as modifier]: Manila rope See also abaca.
More example sentences
- Manila paper is made chiefly from old Manila hemp ropes and is valuable as a strong wrapping paper.
- Therefore, we arrived at a feasible product through mixing the silk fiber with the Manila hemp fiber.
- Sansevieria or bow-string hemp has been tested in Florida as a possible substitute for Manila hemp.
1.1 (also Manila paper) Strong brown paper, originally made from Manila hemp.
- The assembly saw delegates housed in five-star hotels and carrying upmarket Bonia-brand bags, instead of the usual Manila paper envelopes.
- Marie just rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the piece of thick Manila paper the teacher was handing out.
- The bearded man left the room and returned a moment later carrying two thick Manila folders which he handed to Cain.
Late 17th century (as an adjective meaning 'from Manila'): from Manila1.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan