- another term for cassava.More example sentences
- Staple foods, apart from sorghum and millet, are maize, manioc, potatoes, rice, sesame, and some bean species.
- The most important Native American cultivars were maize, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, and manioc or cassava.
- Traditional rural staples are sweet potatoes, manioc, yams, corn, rice, pigeon peas, cowpeas, bread, and coffee.
mid 16th century: from French, from Tupi manioca.
More definitions of maniocDefinition of manioc in:
- The British & World English dictionary