- 1The traditional male quality of being brave and strong: men accustomed to proving their manliness on the streetsMore example sentences
- Manliness was essential for coping with such dangerous working conditions.
- On the other hand, maybe we implicitly ask too little manliness of women.
- In the second place, men had to be brave and prove their bravery or manliness.
- 1.1The fact of being typically male; masculinity: the author’s alleged lack of manlinessMore example sentences
- Theres nothing like a good strong growth of hair on the upper lip to suggest powerful manliness.
- Republicans have seldom shied from an embrace of manliness.
- The girl character has to don a false beard to assume real manliness.