Definition of maple in English:
1A tree or shrub with lobed leaves, winged fruits, and colorful autumn foliage, grown as an ornamental or for its timber or syrupy sap.
- Genus Acer, family Aceraceae: many species, including the common European field maple (A. campestre), the North American sugar maple (A. saccharum), and the Japanese maple (A. palmatum), which has many cultivars
- Although set in 24 acres of land, extra measures have been taken to plant more oaks, sycamores, maples and horse chestnut trees to provide increased privacy.
- Sugar maples, red maples, dogwood, sweet gum, black gum and sourwood can be brilliant red or yellow.
- Among the others are tanoaks, California black oaks, Shreve's oaks, madrones, rhododendrons, manzanita, big leaf maples and bay laurels.
1.1Maple syrup or maple sugar.
- Stateline New England Barbeque Potato Chips offer a new taste by combining maple flavor with barbeque chips, but this is a marriage made in hell.
- They are all of equal quality, but the darker the syrup, the stronger the maple flavor.
- The maple flavor is distinctly present and yummy.
Old English mapel (as the first element of mapeltrēow, mapulder 'maple tree'); used as an independent word from Middle English onward.
Words that rhyme with maplepapal, staple
Definition of maple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan