nounMathematics & Linguistics
- An operation that associates each element of a given set (the domain) with one or more elements of a second set (the range).More example sentences
- His doctoral thesis is an important contribution to conformal mappings of multiply connected plane domains.
- He discovered characterisations of topological mappings of the Cartesian plane and a number of fixed point theorems.
- Another area which Suvorov worked on was the theory of conformal mappings and quasi-formal mappings.
More definitions of mappingDefinition of mapping in:
- The British & World English dictionary