- A sculptor’s small preliminary model or sketch.More example sentences
- Asked by the seaman's hometown to design a memorial, Schutte prepared a number of sketches and maquettes, some fully sculptural.
- Along with a selection of major sculptures and maquettes, the show contains rarely exhibited preparatory drawings and sketchbooks loaned by the Miro Foundation in Mallorca.
- More than 160 of his works are represented, including carved works in wood and stone, bronze sculptures, plaster maquettes and drawings.
early 20th century: from French, from Italian machietta, diminutive of macchia 'spot'.
More definitions of maquetteDefinition of maquette in:
- The British & World English dictionary