- A person who marches, especially one taking part in a protest march.More example sentences
- Sections of the city centre were brought to a halt by marchers protesting against job losses and poor working conditions.
- Looks like they are educating their kids to be party of the next generation of protesters and marchers.
- Protest marchers head for the offices of the Dept. of Fisheries on Black Wednesday.
nounchiefly • historical
- An inhabitant of a frontier or border district.More example sentences
- The marcher lords on the Welsh border were particularly powerful.
- Mortimer was one of the most powerful marcher barons of Henry III's reign and preoccupied with resisting Welsh advance.
- Southern Wales came under the sway of the Anglo-Norman marcher lords, but the north was a different matter.