Definition of marginalize in English:
Treat (a person, group, or concept) as insignificant or peripheral: attempting to marginalize those who disagree (as adjective marginalized) members of marginalized cultural groups
More example sentences
- The term ethnic minority is often used to refer to marginalized cultural groups.
- Literature that is widely taught today includes writings by women and members of other historically marginalized groups.
- Research shows early school leaving marginalises different groups in society, particularly young unskilled men, lone parents and young people in disadvantaged areas or rural areas.
- Example sentences
- Instead of the isolation and the sort of marginalization of Sudan that they did the in the past, they would like to move forward with a policy now of engagement.
- We call on our governments and political and civic leaders to work with us to reverse the marginalization of our community and save our society from this downward spiral.
- The reason is that in national and many global contexts, the terms in which one can talk of dispossession and marginalization do not fit the unique history of Kashmir.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan