Provide with a margin or border; form a border to.
- Magnetic resonance imaging showed a 2.5-cm, smoothly marginated, ovoid mass that did not have the signal characteristics typical for benign adenoma or myelolipoma.
- Damaged endothelial cells secrete p-selectin, e-selectin, intracellular adhesion molecules and vascular cell adhesion molecules that induce monocytes to marginate, roll, and adhere to endothelial surfaces.
- Other cells such as macrophages and/or marginated neutrophils, which are known to have a high NADPH oxidase activity, could also contribute to the lung oxidant burden that takes place during the ischemic storage.
- Example sentences
- In addition to nucleolar prominence, multiple nucleoli and nucleolar margination have also been suggested as diagnostic criteria for prostate cancer.
- Koilocytes are ballooned cells showing a large perinuclear clearing and extensive margination of the cytoplasm, giving a sharp edge to the halo.
- Electron microscopy of the pleural-based mass showed discohesive spindle cells with elongated nuclei displaying margination of chromatin and indentation of the nuclear membrane.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of marginate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.