noun (plural mariachis)[as modifier]
- 1Denoting a type of traditional Mexican folk music, typically performed by a small group of strolling musicians dressed in native costume.More example sentences
- Their most eclectic record to date, Sea Of No Cares is the result of the quartet experimenting with flamenco guitars and mariachi trumpets.
- While in Mexico he heard a mariachi tune called ‘Frenesi.’
- The show closed with a rousing mariachi finale.
- 1.1A musician in a mariachi group.More example sentences
- Members of the University of Texas Show Band will perform, as will mariachis from Brownsville.
- During the period of study, the mariachis performed at the Arizona State Senate, the International Mariachi Festival, and numerous local concerts.
- It is a custom to have a band or group of mariachis playing at this final ceremony.
from Mexican Spanish mariache, mariachi 'street singer'.
More definitions of mariachiDefinition of mariachi in:
- The British & World English dictionary