noun (plural mariages blancs pronunc. same)
- An unconsummated marriage.More example sentences
- In a mariage blanc of convenience (for her), he married Thomas Mann's daughter Erika, giving her instant American citizenship and thus saving her from the Nazis.
- ‘The discreet go-betweens are said to be asking members of other royal families and carefully vetted socialites if they might be interested in ‘un mariage blanc.’
- After taking the name Bert Savoy, he contracted a mariage blanc with a chorus girl and they came to New York as Savoy & Savoy. ...
French, literally 'white marriage'.
More definitions of mariage blancDefinition of mariage blanc in:
- The British & World English dictionary