- The cultivation of fish or other marine life for food.More example sentences
- The plans also include a bathymetric study of the Moy Estuary and Killala Bay as a means of raising awareness of the effects of agricultural pollution on mariculture and there will be an International conference with the other partners.
- It is responsible for fish kills in mariculture operations in Japan and is reported to produce a neurotoxin related to those causing NSP.
- Its five thematic areas relate to: integrated marine and coastal management; sustainable use of the resources concerned; marine and coastal protected areas, mariculture, and alien species.
early 20th century: from mare, mari- 'sea' + culture, on the pattern of words such as agriculture.
More definitions of maricultureDefinition of mariculture in:
- The British & World English dictionary