noun[usually as modifier]
- (In Italian cooking) a sauce made from tomatoes, onions, and herbs, served especially with pasta.More example sentences
- She set out pasta and marinara sauce, along with table settings, and urged everyone to eat as much as they wanted.
- A holdover from Italian occupation in the south is a love for pasta and marinara sauce.
- On another visit, the feature was eggplant Parmesan panini, consisting of breaded eggplant, cheese, raw red onion, sliced tomato and a marinara sauce for dipping.
from the Italian phrase alla marinara 'sailor-style'.
More definitions of marinaraDefinition of marinara in:
- The British & World English dictionary