- A puppet worked from above by strings attached to its limbs.More example sentences
- For us, real marionettes, string marionettes, produced those moments of otherness, they created a spell, something very unnerving, disquieting.
- His words became little white letters on the bottom of the screen for my benefit, his mouth moving soundlessly like a marionette, a puppet with his strings drawn by the public.
- Here you get to see real marionettes and puppeteers in action.
early 17th century: from French marionnette, from Marion, diminutive of the given name Marie.
More definitions of marionetteDefinition of marionette in:
- The British & World English dictionary