The action or activity of gathering information about consumers' needs and preferences.
- But all they can do is offer advice and information or conduct market research.
- It specialises in brand development, market research and marketing strategy.
- This could be in monitoring changing industry standards, or in sharing the cost of export market research.
- Example sentences
- The heart of qualitative research is still the interview: A market researcher talking to consumers in a group of 12, in smaller groups of two or three, or even one-on-one.
- Tech valuations soared to 55 times trailing earnings through Dec. 7, according to Leuthold Group, a market researcher in Minneapolis.
- The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based market researcher surveyed 40 managers at e-commerce companies.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: mar·ket re·search
Definition of market research in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.