Definition of market research in English:
The action or activity of gathering information about consumers' needs and preferences.
- But all they can do is offer advice and information or conduct market research.
- It specialises in brand development, market research and marketing strategy.
- This could be in monitoring changing industry standards, or in sharing the cost of export market research.
- Example sentences
- The heart of qualitative research is still the interview: A market researcher talking to consumers in a group of 12, in smaller groups of two or three, or even one-on-one.
- Tech valuations soared to 55 times trailing earnings through Dec. 7, according to Leuthold Group, a market researcher in Minneapolis.
- The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based market researcher surveyed 40 managers at e-commerce companies.
Definition of market research in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan