- A person or organization that makes decisions to buy or sell investments based on economic and other factors that might affect the direction of the market.More example sentences
- I'm not really a market timer when it comes to entrepreneurship.
- Because of transactions costs, the market timer will likely adjust less frequently than every day, and setting rebalancing periods to be greater than one day attempts to model this.
- If short-term investors are moving into and out of funds mostly owned by long-term investors, fund trading costs increase, hurting the majority of investor-owners who are not market timers.
- More example sentences
- In fact, nearly 60 percent of investors said they were concerned about fee disclosures, compared with 37 percent for market timing or late trading.
- Alliance says the internal investigation has found instances of market timing and it expects sanctions and fines, and it pledged to pay back shareholders.
- Their superiors encouraged the activity and ignored 10s of thousands of e-mails from mutual funds alerting them to the market timing.