Definition of market timer in English:
A person or organization that makes decisions to buy or sell investments based on economic and other factors that might affect the direction of the market.
- I'm not really a market timer when it comes to entrepreneurship.
- Because of transactions costs, the market timer will likely adjust less frequently than every day, and setting rebalancing periods to be greater than one day attempts to model this.
- If short-term investors are moving into and out of funds mostly owned by long-term investors, fund trading costs increase, hurting the majority of investor-owners who are not market timers.
- market timing noun
- Example sentences
- In fact, nearly 60 percent of investors said they were concerned about fee disclosures, compared with 37 percent for market timing or late trading.
- Alliance says the internal investigation has found instances of market timing and it expects sanctions and fines, and it pledged to pay back shareholders.
- Their superiors encouraged the activity and ignored 10s of thousands of e-mails from mutual funds alerting them to the market timing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.