- A town of moderate size in a rural area, where a regular market is held.More example sentences
- Stop off in an ancient market town such as Lille, only an hour from Calais, for a taste of northern French cuisine.
- Improvements to the economy and quality of life for a chain of Ryedale villages and the market town of Pickering is on the drawing board.
- Now the Folly in the Dales market town of Settle is set to become a museum and visitor centre dedicated to the history of north Craven.
More definitions of market townDefinition of market town in:
- The British & World English dictionary