- 1A person who sells goods or services in a market: a consumer-goods marketeerMore example sentences
- Others are ravaged by hunger and thus spend their time at various marketplaces selling merchandise for marketeers to make ends meet.
- It is a wonder how every day a levy is collected from the hundreds of marketeers who sell their merchandise but nothing of great value in terms of self-help efforts to clean up has been seen.
- The coexistence of mortals and immortals has been lost, not to make the film easier to follow but to make it easier to sell for Hollywood marketeers.
- 1.1 [with adjective] A person who works in or advocates a particular type of market: free-marketeersMore example sentences
- The thought was rather alien to hard-nosed capitalist marketeers and took many years to secure a foothold.
- Finally, if you don't have labor markets, the entire argument that marketeers put forth for having any kind of markets collapses.
- It is a different scene with experts like Joseph Stiglitz, ex-World Bank top economist, openly critical of the gung-ho marketeers.
More definitions of marketeerDefinition of marketeer in:
- The British & World English dictionary