Definition of marketization in English:
1The exposure of an industry or service to market forces.
- The result is the commercialisation and marketisation of early childhood services as entrepreneurs stepped in to fill the gap.
- My rural doctor daughter never had it easy, but not with the marketisation of the health industry she is struggling for survival as rural hospital services decline.
- Voters seem strangely resistant to a campaign based on the Iraq war, the marketisation of public services and new authoritarian powers for the state.
1.1The conversion of a national economy from a planned to a market economy: the marketization of the Russian economy
More example sentences
- With the collapse of the Soviet Union and its client states and the marketization of the Chinese economy, there seem to be no real totalitarian states left in the world as the twenty-first century opens.
- This highlights the continuing totalitarian assumptions of the state, despite liberalizations flowing from the marketization of the economy.
- These families were suffering the pressure caused by the marketization of the economy and the urbanization process.
- Example sentences
- So strong is this effect that we even have states such as China, still claiming to be communist, clamouring for admission to the WTO and marketizing their economies as fast as they can.
- Governments in Britain, USA, Australia, and New Zealand have marketized their school systems.
- I would expect neocons to take exactly the opposite view: i.e. that everything should be marketized.
Definition of marketization in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan