1An identification mark, especially a mark or pattern of marks on an animal’s fur, feathers, or skin: the distinctive black-and-white markings on its head
More example sentences
- The juvenile looks similar but lacks the white facial feathering and black markings on the belly.
- Condor was a black horse with silver markings on the outsides of all four legs, in the form of streaks.
- On her belly is a beautiful pattern of black and white markings.
1.1 Music A word or symbol on a score indicating the correct tempo, dynamic, or other aspect of performance.
- The tempo markings also use descriptive words, with a specific metronome marking given for each piece.
- The editing includes dynamic markings and pedal indications but no fingerings.
- Missing tempo markings may have led Bernstein to perform contrasting sections more slowly than Ives wished.
Words that rhyme with markingsarking
Definition of marking in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.